Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Year and a Half Later

Wow - Time has flown by and I have no idea how that happened.  I will try to keep this updated more regularly.  Sammy has really started to grow up with thanks to Team Sammy (Allison, Anne and Keith). Anne will be back down in a little over a week and it's been fun to see how far we have come.

This is Sammy now.


I can't believe he's 4 & 1/2  (do I really have to call him a rising 5 year old?).  Someone needs to come pick me up off the floor please. 

When we first started this backing process, this is what he looked like:



And does everyone remember this?


I look back at our first videos and see such progress. It is so hard to see it on a daily basis so I'm glad I have so many photos and videos to refer back to.  He has developed both in mind and muscle. Keith has done such a great job in both respects and Anne has been so instrumental in providing guidance and encouragement all along the way.  We are very fortunate to have such caring professionals in Sammy's life. I love the connection that Allison and Sammy are developing. They are really beginning to form a lasting partnership.

Here is what Sammy and Allison looked like last weekend.


And they do know how to canter:
 


Last weekend was such a nice weekend.  The weather is beginning to feel like there is a hope that fall is coming.  Allison took the opportunity to ride Sammy out in a field.  He has been turned out there but never actually been asked to work out there before.  It sure made for a great photo opportunity.

 
And of course there is video for that also.

 
I feel like he is really getting a solid foundation and now I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

No comments: